MANA helps 151 people at Let’s Talk Turkey
November 27, 2013
As the wind howled and the temperature dropped like a rocket, 151 registrants lined up for the Let's Talk Turkey food distribution outside of the Project MANA office in the Donald W. Reynolds Community Non-Profit Center on Thursday, Nov. 21.
Mother Nature could not have sent worse weather than what was provided for the afternoon. But the atmosphere was still upbeat among those in line, and Project MANA volunteers and staff helped as they provided cups of hot chocolate and food samples of Thanksgiving side dishes.
Homemade stuffing, sweet potato casserole, zucchini casserole and hot chocolate, along with recipes for the additional side dishes, were available in both English and Spanish versions to all as they picked up their Thanksgiving food items.
This year, Project MANA provided families with more food than in previous Thanksgiving distributions, and the extras included healthy, easy to make dishes with all ingredients included.
Anyone interested in the recipes can email Project MANA at nutritioneduca firstname.lastname@example.org or call 775-298-0008.
Trending In: Announcements
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall