New board members for North Tahoe Lions
July 3, 2013
On June 25, the North Lake Tahoe Lions Club swore in its new board of directors for 2013; Jarrett Grimes is the new president. Other members include Gene Brockman (treasurer), Karen Duncan (past president), Terrie Kinsman (secretary), and Dorothy Morgan.
"This year we are embarking on a journey of great expansion," Grimes said. "We plan to reach out to our community and increase our reach by giving back in a way that Incline Village has never seen before."
The North Lake Tahoe Lions Club has created a pathway to grow in the Incline community in three ways, Grimes said:
We are reaching out to the youth in our community by holding the first annual Incline Village high school student speaker contest, which we will begin organizing in August.
We are reaching out to Sierra Nevada College students and our extended community by creating the 'Friends of Lions' Program, which incorporates community members who want to participate in our functions and events, such as the annual pancake breakfast.
We are expanding our programs and community reach through greater giving and greater service.
Recommended Stories For You
The Lions' mission is to create and foster a spirit of understanding among all people for humanitarian needs by providing voluntary services through community involvement and international cooperation.
"In other words: We serve," Grimes said.
Trending In: Announcements
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers