Resource day Monday in Truckee to assist veterans with benefits
July 9, 2015
TRUCKEE, Calif. — A Veteran Resource Day in Truckee next week will provide those who've served this country with assistance in accessing available benefits.
From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday, July 13, in the Veterans Hall Building at 10214 High St., representatives from Nevada and Placer counties' will provide information on filing claims with the Veterans Benefits Administration.
Available benefits include vocational rehabilitation and employment, education and training, pension, life insurance, home loans, and compensation.
Additionally, California Congressman Tom McClintock's office is gathering service providers, American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars representatives, and community program sponsors to assist active- duty military, wounded warriors and military families.
McClintock represents California's 4th district, which encompasses parts or all of the following counties: Nevada, Placer, El Dorado, Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, Fresno, Tuolumne, Madera and Mariposa.
If you are with a veterans advocacy group or related organization interested in providing services or re-sources, contact Joel Scott or Adam Pugh at the office of McClintock at 916-786-5560 or Casework2.email@example.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)