Rotary club to host talk by Incline K-12 administrator
November 6, 2013
The Rotary Club of Tahoe-Incline will host a special program on local education open to the public at 7 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 14, at the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe in Incline.
As Washoe County School District's first K-12 administrator, club member, Leslie Hermann oversees the elementary, middle and high schools in Incline Village. She will speak on the current state of education in Incline Village.
Hermann has a BA degree in French Literature and masters degrees in Teaching English as Second Language and Administration. She began her career in education teaching French and English at Incline Middle School from 1983 to 1990.
After teaching at Billinghurst Middle School and Galena High School, Hermann served as assistant principal at McQueen High School in Reno for 12 years. She assumed her new role in Incline Village in July 2013.
Rotary is a worldwide organization of business and professional leaders who provide humanitarian service and help to build goodwill and peace in their communities and throughout the world.
Charge to attend will be $7, which includes coffee and juice, or $16 which includes a full buffet breakfast and beverages, per person, payable by cash or check only. RSVP by Nov. 12 to club member, Rob Vinson, at 775-832-5577.
Trending In: Announcements
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Truckee receives Caltrans award for Mousehole project
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)