Sand Harbor to close for several hours Aug. 7 for 2018 Lake Tahoe Summit
August 6, 2018
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. – Since the presidential forum in 1997, the annual Lake Tahoe Summit has become an important yearly gathering of federal, state, and local leaders dedicated to restoring and sustaining Lake Tahoe as one of our most precious environmental treasures.
On Tuesday, Aug. 7, the 2018 Lake Tahoe Summit, hosted by U.S. Sen. Dean Heller and the Tahoe Fund, will be held at Sand Harbor State Park. Registration is required to attend the summit.
Additionally, registered attendees from the general public will be required to take the shuttle to access the event. Visit tahoefund.org for information.
Sand Harbor will be closed until 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 7, and the East Shore Express will not be entering the park during the event.
Only registered guests attending the Lake Tahoe Summit will be permitted to enter the park during this time.
The park will re-open to the general public at approximately 1 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
To learn more about Nevada State Parks and discover your next adventure, visit parks.nv.gov.
Trending In: Announcements
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Sugar Bowl athletes put freeride skills on display in season opener