Sierra Sotheby’s to host Project MANA food drive
November 27, 2013
Sierra Sotheby's International Realty invites community members and businesses to participate in a food drive for Lake Tahoe's Project MANA through Dec. 2.
The drive was initiated in an effort to serve the local community. Sierra Sotheby's is also slated to launch Sotheby's Cares, a fundraiser in which agents donate a portion of their commissions in a lump sum to a charity of their choice at the end of the year.
"Project MANA is a fantastic way for our local offices to coordinate a charitable contribution to people in need right here in the Tahoe area," said Sierra Sotheby's President Peter Strand. "It is also an opportunity to engage community members in a collaborative act of charity. The holidays always remind us of how fortunate we are, and that it's our duty to make charitable contributions in order to be fully functioning members of society."
A few statistics about hunger, cited from Project MANA, note that:
• In California, the wealthiest state, 5.2 million people live in poverty and 2.2 million children are hungry or at risk of hunger.
• The infant mortality rate is closely linked to nutrition deficiencies among pregnant women. The United States ranks 19th among 23 developed nations in infant mortality.
Recommended Stories For You
• More people have died as a consequence of hunger in the past five years than have been killed in all the wars, revolutions and murders in the past 150 years.
Donations to Sierra Sotheby's Project MANA fundraiser can be dropped off at any of Sierra Sotheby's three office locations: 570 Lakeshore Blvd., Incline Village; 1750 Village East Road, Suite 63B, Olympic Valley; or 210 Elks Point Road, Suite 102, Zephyr Cove.
For more information, visit http://www.sierrasothebysrealty.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million