Sunshine Letter: Celebrate the Day of the Teacher
May 9, 2016
May 12 of this week was designated the Day of the Teacher. In cooperation with parents, teachers try to teach kids to read and write and calculate and develop lifelong skills.
These are individuals with credentials, and there are many other individuals who help youngsters get off to a good start. These include administrators, librarians, English Language Development teachers, pre-school teachers, occupational therapists, resource teachers, psychologists, speech pathologists, hearing specialists, counselors, early childhood education teachers, academic coaches, and adaptive P.E. teachers.
Non-credentialed individuals also influence growth and development of young people, including cooks, custodians, bus drivers, nurses, secretaries and aides.
A school is a small society of its own. It really does "take a village." Thanks to all in Tahoe Truckee Unified School District who make their own contribution every day. We all owe you a huge debt of gratitude.
Recommended Stories For You
Vice-President for Truckee Section, California Retired Teachers Association, Division 51, Nevada County Chapter
Trending In: Announcements
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Law Review: Jim Porter’s recommendations for Nov. 6 area elections
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Southern League tennis teams sweep state finals