Sunshine Letter: Hoping for a happy ending for Truckee deer
August 2, 2016
A heartfelt thank you to the great couple in the van and the lovely retired UC Davis veterinarian, Pam and her husband, John, who kindly stopped to assist me on Thursday, July 28th. A fawn had managed to hit the side of my car mid-leap on Glenshire Drive near the Hirschdale split. He was alive, but I feared mortally wounded. Pam took the time to examine the fawn and determine that he had a decent chance at survival.
We spied the fawn's mother waiting anxiously nearby. The end of the story is after treating the animal as best they could, Pam and John carried the recovering fawn to a shady spot near Mom Hopefully, there is a happy ending. I know I am forever grateful to the strangers who came to the aid of this sweet animal, providing comfort during what was a very stressful situation for both of us.
Trending In: Announcements
- Truckee community comes together to bring a missing dog home
- Authorities ID Incline Village alleged murder victim
- UPDATE: Law enforcement says ‘suspicious death’ in Tahoma a homicide
- Weather forecast: Sunny skies should give way to snow in Truckee
- Halvorsen, Mullings win California-Nevada Nordic state championships