Sunshine Letter | Liver transplant hopeful thanks family, community
November 13, 2013
TRUCKEE, CALIF. — Looking for liver!
I would like to thank everyone who donated in many ways to my health, while waiting to secure a liver transplant in order to save my life. I will not survive without a transplant, and my family and community have helped in a variety of ways.
Thanks to my mom and dad; son and daughter Josh and Val for their selfless, continued support; grandson Jordan for being the sunshine of my life; Wayne King, who helped build my basement apartment; the town of Floriston for a fundraising benefit, Tahoe Forest Hospice Thrift for giving me purpose; Tahoe Forest Health System, the docs and caregivers there; Kay and David Rully; Karen and Jerry; and the individuals who donated through National Foundation for Transplants (NFT) at http://www.transplants.org.
It is a special gift to reside in this family oriented, caring community. Thank you for you kind support.
Sincerely, Tammy Anagnos
Trending In: Announcements
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Town of Truckee looking to relocate downtown transit center
- Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe now serves as a lakewide pet care, resource network
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter