Sunshine letter: More Young Eagle scholarships in the works
September 21, 2015
What a great article on Sept. 7 by Peggy Martin, Big Brothers and Big Sisters Director, regarding Warren Fekeith, a Little Brother, attending the Experimental Aircraft Association Air Academy at Oshkosh, WI, and his having received a scholarship to attend from the Truckee EAA chapter.
The chapter plans to sponsor three scholarships to the Air Academy in 2016, one for each of the age groups, 12-13, 14-15, and 16-18.
How does one qualify scholarship? First, one must be a Young Eagle 12 through 18 years old on June 1, 2016, who resides within the Truckee Tahoe Airport District boundaries, or Incline Village. Second, one must submit an application no later than February 29, 2016.
How does one become a Young Eagle? Come to the EAA chapter's pancake breakfast on the second Saturday of each month at the Truckee Tahoe Airport, and take a free airplane ride, weather permitting. Rides are open to youths 8 through 17 years old. Application information sheets will be given to age-eligible Young Eagles.
For more information on your local EAA chapter and Young Eagles, see eaa1073.org and youngeagles.org.
Recommended Stories For You
EAA 1073 Young Eagles Coordinator
Trending In: Announcements
- Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe prepares for new shelter grand opening
- $2,200 raised for longtime Truckee local Paul Covarelli
- Squaw Valley Prep, Creekside Charter hire new director
- Health and wellness announcements for Truckee and North Lake Tahoe
- Kern Schumacher named Community Philanthropist of the Year
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work