Sunshine Letter: Thanks for participating in Dining for Schools
July 21, 2015
Excellence in Education Foundation would like to thank the 43 restaurants that participated in the 2014-15 Dining for Schools Card program. The card provides dining discounts for card purchasers throughout the Tahoe Truckee region.
The program wrapped up mid-June and brought in over $40,000 for the Foundation. We greatly appreciate the dedication these restaurants show to our community and local education. This year, the Foundation funded over $250,000 in classroom grants, teacher training and educator awards.
We would also like to thank the community members who regularly support our fundraising programs. The 2015-16 Dining for Schools card will go on sale at the end of August 2015.
Laura Abbey Brown
Executive Director, Excellence in Education Foundation
Trending In: Announcements
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Law Review: Supreme Court ruling on eviction after foreclosure