Truckee nonprofit hosting ‘Are Cravings a Weakness?’ talk Friday
November 4, 2014
For Goodness Sake in Truckee is hosting a presentation, "Are Cravings a Weakness?", from 6:30-8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 7.
Jenna Granger, a health coach, wellness educator, and Art of Living leacher living in the Tahoe area, will lead the discussion.
"So many of us live in a world that is taken over by food. We crave chocolate, coffee, sugar, ice cream, chips, french fries, alcohol …. and often we find ourselves giving in to these desires," Granger said. "Even when we know we may not feel our best when we do. So why do we have these cravings? What are they trying to tell us?"
During Friday's talk, attendees will understand how to decipher their own cravings by exploring the "5 Major Causes of Cravings," Granger said.
"And you will leave with three things that you can start doing right away that will support you in finding your balance with your diet and lifestyle," she said.
There will be time for questions and answers. Call 530-550-8981 to register. To learn more about For Goodness Sake, a Truckee nonprofit, visit goodnesssake.org/.
Trending In: Announcements
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Last of Tahoe’s downhill resorts set to open this week