Umpqua Bank donates $3,000 to Tahoe Family Solutions
November 4, 2015
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Tahoe Family Solutions recently announced it was awarded a $3,000 grant from the Umpqua Bank Charitable Foundation Community Giving Program.
The grant will help fund Camp Explore, a 6-week summer camp program that provides local children with enriching summer activities that promote learning, leadership and self-esteem.
The program is sliding fee-based and welcomes all children regardless of their ability to pay. In 2015, more than 100 children participated in Camp Explore.
"We are incredibly excited to partner with Umpqua Bank in funding Camp Explore," said TFS Development Director Amy Guinan. "Through partnerships such as this, we can keep camp fees low while continuing to provide the highest quality summer camp experience possible for local children."
The mission of the nonprofit TFS is "to provide key resources and enhance skills for families in the Tahoe Basin." The organization provides signature programs in counseling, camping and education.
Visit tahoefamily.org to learn more.
Trending In: Announcements
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film