Village Notes: What’s happening in Incline Village
February 4, 2015
Well we had surprise showers this week, so maybe we will have a surprise snowstorm too. I guess we can always watch the snow fall in Boston; it seems like that happens everyday.
This Friday, Feb. 6, is the Father Daughter Dance at the Tahoe Biltmore. The event is a collaboration between the Tahoe Biltmore and Tahoe SAFE Alliance. You must purchase your tickets before noon on Friday. Feb. 5. For information, visit tahoesafealliance.org or call 775-298-0010.
If you want to get out and about and dance a bit, local band Under the Radar is playing tonight, Feb. 5, at Rookies.
From 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 17, at the Sierra Verde Sale Showroom in the Village Center, participate in the "Mardi Gras" painting event. Please RSVP to reserve your canvas at http://www.easelandwine.com or call 775-831-2623.
The annual SnowFest! Bunco girls night out event is from 6-9 p.m. Wednesday, March 4, at the Tahoe Event Center in Kings Beach. The ladies have collected some amazing items for the silent auction and raffle. All proceeds will go to the Gene Upshaw Memorial Cancer Treatment Center, WARF (the Wylie Animal Rescue Foundation) and COTA (the Children's Organ Transplant Association) for 12-year-old Tahoe resident Bode Everest. Tickets can be purchased online at the Tahoe Forest Hospital's website (www.tfhd.com). For information, please contact Carol King at 530-546-7542.
From 6:30-9:30 p.m. Thursday, March 5, Project MANA will host another foodie event. The dinner will be four courses from Chef Jean-Pierre Doignon at Le Bistro. Space is limited and this will sell out quickly, so make reservations now at 775-298-0008 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Birthdays to celebrate this week: Connie Skidmore on Feb. 5, Shelia Leijon and Mikie Whitaker on Feb. 10; and Susan Herron on Feb. 11. Happy Birthday.
The Deal or Steal this week is to go find some wonderful handmade treasures for Valentine's Day from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 8 at Handmade At The Lake, next door to Wildflower Café. Stop and see great jewelry and other handmade items and enjoy a little bubbly and chocolate.
As always send in your birthdays, anniversaries and news, along with the best deals or steals you can find, before 5 p.m. on Tuesday to email@example.com.
Trending In: Announcements
- Sand Harbor to close for several hours Aug. 7 for 2018 Lake Tahoe Summit
- Incline-Tahoe AAUW chapter installs new officers
- Truckee Sanitation District celebrates longtime employee’s retirement
- Booker T. Jones visits Tahoe-Incline Rotary
- Hundreds of Incline Village kids participate in annual Halloween-themed event
- Investigation continues on man found on Truckee railroad tracks
- Man with knife apprehended in possible Truckee stabbing
- Truckee Traffic Report: Route 89 one-way operation; Westbound I-80 lane closure
- Tahoe Housing Trouble Part 3: Local entities aim to crack Tahoe’s housing crunch
- Wolverines make statement with win over Fernley