Burn permits required starting Friday in Nevada, Placer, Yuba counties | SierraSun.com

Burn permits required starting Friday in Nevada, Placer, Yuba counties

Starting Friday (May 1), Nevada, Placer and Yuba county residents must have a permit for residential burning, a Cal Fire news release states.

People can get permits from their local fire departments and Cal Fire. They also can fill out an application online at https://burnpermit.fire.ca.gov, and then print their permit once granted.

Burning can only occur on certain days. People should check the Northern Sierra Air Pollution Control District’s website — http://www.myairdistrict.com — to determine if it’s permissible to burn.

People may burn only natural vegetative material, like leaves and tree trimmings. The burn permit must be on hand while burning. People are responsible for controlling their burn, and are liable for any suppression costs if it grows uncontrollable.

Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.