Airport earns planning award
February 11, 2016
The Truckee Tahoe Airport District was recently presented with a 2015 "Local Vision" Award on behalf of the Sacramento Valley Section of the American Planning Association.
The nonprofit organization recognized "the airport's public outreach, efforts to combat noise and annoyance, support of key services and local organizations, and planning efforts," according to a press release from Freshtracks Communications on behalf of the aiport.
"The Truckee Tahoe Airport District's slogan, 'Connected By More Than A Runway,' truly fits the culture of this organization," according to the American Planning Association.
The association cited the airport's support of fire fighting, medi-vac services, search and rescue, and the Civil Air Patrol as key services, and noted the district's role in key planning efforts including the acquisition of open space and work in the Truckee Trails Master Plan.
The district's efforts to support organizations like the Truckee Roundhouse, along with making meeting space available to local organizations and sponsorships for nonprofits were also highlighted
Visit svsapa.org or truckeetahoeairport.com to learn more.
Trending In: Business
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Carson City woman admits to fatal DUI at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: A second passenger dead, 1 in critical condition due to plane crash this morning (VIDEO)
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke