Boomtown hires new manager for now-stabilized property
June 4, 2014
VERDI, Nev. — Boomtown Casino and Hotel has a new manager as its owner believes the property has been stabilized.
Rob Medeiros, formerly manager at Gold Ranch Casino and RV Resort and the Sands Regency Casino Hotel, is now general manager and chief executive officer of the 50-year-old Verdi property.
He succeeds Dean DiLullo, CEO of M1 Gaming in Reno, who was brought in to turn around the distressed property when St. John Properties Inc. bought it in 2012 for $13 million.
"From the outset, from the acquisition and after the renovation, we knew that Dean would be going on and we would hire a new general manager and CEO," says Christina Berzins, partner and manager of St. John's Properties' gaming division in Baltimore, Md.
Since the acquisition, the casino and hotel have undergone a major renovation, including new carpeting throughout the casino floor, the overhaul of a saloon now called the Guitar Bar and an ongoing remodeling of the hotel's 318 guest rooms.
Trending In: Business
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car
- Death on the slopes: Across West, number of ski fatalities, injuries uncertain with lack of public data or oversight
- High Altitude Fitness climbing gym coming soon to Truckee
- Market Beat: Retirement plan distributions