Boomtown hires new manager for now-stabilized property
June 4, 2014
VERDI, Nev. — Boomtown Casino and Hotel has a new manager as its owner believes the property has been stabilized.
Rob Medeiros, formerly manager at Gold Ranch Casino and RV Resort and the Sands Regency Casino Hotel, is now general manager and chief executive officer of the 50-year-old Verdi property.
He succeeds Dean DiLullo, CEO of M1 Gaming in Reno, who was brought in to turn around the distressed property when St. John Properties Inc. bought it in 2012 for $13 million.
"From the outset, from the acquisition and after the renovation, we knew that Dean would be going on and we would hire a new general manager and CEO," says Christina Berzins, partner and manager of St. John's Properties' gaming division in Baltimore, Md.
Since the acquisition, the casino and hotel have undergone a major renovation, including new carpeting throughout the casino floor, the overhaul of a saloon now called the Guitar Bar and an ongoing remodeling of the hotel's 318 guest rooms.
Trending In: Business
- Digital disruption: Tech, entrepreneurial ecosystem paves way for growth
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car
- Raley’s grocery store approved for Truckee
- Decision on the proposed Grocery Outlet waits as Truckee seeks to minimize impacts on neighborhoods
- Truckee girl gets new ‘leash’ on life after opening boutique pet salon