CrossFit Truckee completes move to new location near airport
March 11, 2015
TRUCKEE, Calif. — On Saturday, March 14, CrossFit Truckee will host an open house and grand re-opening at its new facility in the Airport Business Park at 12277 Soaring Way.
"With our move to the new location, we have gained an additional 30 percent of indoor training space along with upgrades and additions to our fleet of training tools and equipment," Alexander Savitsky, CrossFit Truckee owner and operator, said in a statement. "In addition, we have more usable outdoor training space, for endurance and conditioning work, and an overall great location within the Airport Business Park."
Saturday's event is free, and includes a free workout at 10:30 a.m., followed by an open house, barbecue, raffle and more.
CrossFit classes are held daily, with kid-friendly class times available. Classes include weightlifting, powerlifting, mobility, yoga and endurance, as well as sports specific training sessions.
"As we approach spring and summer months, (we) be rolling out additional group class options varying from mobility and yoga to Olympic weightlifting and powerlifting classes," Savitsky said. "All programs and classes will be available for athletes at any level, from beginners to competitors."
CrossFit Truckee was founded in 2007, and it officially moved to its new location on Feb. 1 (it formerly was housed at 11430 Deerfield Drive).
Recommended Stories For You
A full class schedule and rates can be found at http://www.crossfittruckee.com.
Trending In: Business
- Market Beat: Retirement plan distributions
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Tahoe skiing: 8-13 feet of snow recorded in four days at upper elevations
- Explore Tahoe: Check out these 5 gnarly backcountry runs (for once it snows)
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra