Free estate planning workshop
November 10, 2014
It's never too early to start thinking about your estate and financial plans. If you have a family, a small business or an asset portfolio, engaging in estate and financial planning to get your personal affairs in order is a must.
The sooner you start planning, the more prepared you will be for life's unexpected events. Estate planning is a critical process for anybody, regardless of wealth level. If you have a family, a home, or a small business, there are multiple benefits in setting up a comprehensive plan.
These benefits include asset protection, insurance that debts and expenses are covered, and minimizing or avoiding lengthy and expensive legal battles.
Financial planning, especially when done in conjunction with an estate plan, is an equally important process. It matters less how much money you have or make, and more about making well-informed decisions with what money you do have.
To help you start thinking of how to best prepare for the future, the North Tahoe Family Resource Center has partnered with estate planning attorney and owner of KJS Law, Kate Shaw, and financial adviser with Waddell & Reed, John Manocchio, to present a free workshop on how you can benefit from basic estate and financial planning resources.
The workshop will take place Tuesday, Nov. 18, at 5:30 pm at Community House, at 265 Bear Street, Kings Beach. Seating is limited. RSVP to Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org, 530-581-7649; or Manocchio at jman email@example.com, 530-412-3757.
Trending In: Business
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee receives Caltrans award for Mousehole project
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)