Knowledge Bites business workshop set for May 11 in Truckee
May 4, 2016
Next week's "Knowledge Bites" workshop presented by the Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce will focus on succession planning and talent development.
The presenter for the session, Laura Moriarty, is a seasoned HR executive, nationally known corporate trainer and frequent presenter of Sierra Human Resources Association Workshops. She also is president of Tahoe Training Partners, a full service firm providing solutions since 2007.
There are many easy steps that an organization can take to identify and develop talent. The May 11 session will discuss strategies such as establishing a mentoring program, leadership development training, and meaningful delegation and empowerment, among others.
"What is your organization doing to develop leaders and mission critical staff to ensure smooth changes in leadership?" Truckee Chamber officials said in a news release. "Leaving talent and leadership development to chance and hoping that qualified successors can be found inside or outside the organization on short notice is short-term thinking at best."
The Knowledge Bites series is presented in partnership with Sierra Business Council's Small Business Development Center.
The May 11 session is set for 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Truckee Tahoe Airport, 10356 Truckee Airport Road. Attendees must pay a fee; costs vary. Register at TruckeeChamber.com. Space is limited.
Trending In: Business
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)