Lake Tahoe skiing: Boreal Mountain to open Friday, Nov. 18
November 17, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Boreal Mountain Resort, located at Donner Summit off Interstate 80 west of Truckee, announced Wednesday that it will open for the 2016-17 season this Friday, Nov. 18.
In a news release sent to the Sierra Sun Thursday afternoon, it touts being "the first ski resort in Northern California to open for the 2016-17 season."
"Boreal will open to the public on Friday … with skiing and snowboarding beginning at 12:00 p.m.," according to a news release. "Known for its early season operations and conditions, Boreal Mountain Resort will offer skiing and riding access with up to six terrain park features accessed by the Castle Peak Quad chairlift."
Conditions permitting, Boreal Mountain Resort will continue to expand terrain coverage, according to the resort. Check http://www.rideboreal.com/dailyreport for updates.
Elsewhere in the region, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe (located between Reno and North Lake Tahoe in Nevada) also plans to open Nov. 18. Mammoth Mountain, located about 3 hours south of Lake Tahoe, was the first California resort to open on Nov. 10.
Trending In: Business
- Market Beat: Year-end tax planning
- High Altitude Fitness climbing gym coming soon to Truckee
- Tahoe/Truckee’s remote work environment draws freelancers, telecommuters
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car
- Trio of Tahoe-Truckee ski companies stomping their claim in the Sierra
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Dialysis doesn’t stop Truckee’s Josalyn Brown
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer