More than 40 local vendors on hand Sunday for Soroptishop Fundraiser
December 3, 2015
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Join Soroptimist International of Truckee Donner at their 12th annual Soroptishop Fundraiser, a one-stop shopping spree for the holidays, on Sunday Dec. 6, from 2-5 p.m. at the Truckee Community Recreation Center.
Entrance fee is $10, which includes food and wine while browsing and shopping with more than 40 vendors featuring jewelry, clothing, hand-forged knives, custom woodworks, seasonal décor, kitchen and household items, bells & chimes, eco-friendly lifestyle products, art work, and much more.
Thanks to the vision of members Lil Schaller and Aimee Schaller of Dickson Realty, this event doubled in size last year with a change of venue to the Community Recreation Center.
The Soroptishop Fundraiser is the second-largest fundraising event held by Soroptimist International of Truckee Donner, raising funds for projects that serve the local community.
In the past, proceeds from this fundraiser have been used to fight human trafficking and to provide scholarships to local women and girls to pursue their vocational and educational dreams.
President Francine Tone explained that the Soroptishop Fundraiser supports our local vendors and artisans, as well as vendors who are seeking to raise funds for other nonprofit projects in the world.
Recommended Stories For You
"We are pleased that we can combine direct support to our artisans and provide them with an easily accessible forum to expose their work to our community while also raising funds to help community projects that help empower women and girls," said Tone. "This fundraiser has grown from a private event at one of our member's homes with a handful of vendors to a public event with over 40 vendors."
The Soroptimist International of Truckee Donner (SITD) holds monthly club meetings on the second Thursday of each month at noon at Zano's Restaurant (11401 Donner Pass Road) in Truckee.
All women are invited to join as a guest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article was submitted by Soroptimist International of Truckee Donner. For information, visit sitruckeedonner.org or contact club President Linnis Jellinek at email@example.com.
Trending In: Business
- Market Beat: Retirement plan distributions
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Tahoe skiing: 8-13 feet of snow recorded in four days at upper elevations
- Explore Tahoe: Check out these 5 gnarly backcountry runs (for once it snows)
- UPDATE: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Squaw sets February snowfall record (VIDEO)
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra