New pizza restaurant to open in Truckee’s Brickelltown district
May 24, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Truckee's newest restaurant, Old Town Tap, located in the Brickelltown district next to downtown, will open its doors on May 26.
Old Town Tap — located in the old location for Pizza Bar, next to Marg's Taco Bistro — is a Neapolitan-style pizzeria and bar and is the brainchild of Marlena John and Luke Bill, an energetic, young couple who moved to Truckee last year to make their home in the mountains.
The couple, who met at a dual-concept restaurant/bar and pizzeria in the Bay Area, have long dreamed of owning a restaurant/bar of their own.
"We moved to Truckee because we fell in love with the town and the people here," said Marlena. "It's a huge bonus that we found the opportunity to make our dreams of owning a restaurant come true at the same time. We're honored to be able to share this dream with such an amazing community."
Marlena and Luke have joined forces with Chef Adam Hinojosa, a Gardnerville native whose first executive chef position was at Truckee's O.B.'s before relocating to the Bay Area in 2010.
Starting May 26, Old Town Tap will serve Neapolitan pizzas, salads and share plates, such as fried cheese curds, oysters and house-made charcuterie.
Recommended Stories For You
Complementing the cuisine will be a full bar, complete with signature cocktails, 16 beers and 12 wines on tap.
This article was submitted on behalf of Old Town Tap, located at 10164 Donner Pass Road. Visit oldtowntaptruckee.com to learn more.
Trending In: Business
- News Briefs: South Lake Tahoe man accused of killing roommate with piece of firewood
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Billionaire goes all-in on Cal Neva Resort & Casino
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car
- Nugget Markets pulls out of Truckee Railyard project
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Sugar Bowl athletes put freeride skills on display in season opener