New small-batch wine business opens at North Tahoe
May 30, 2016
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Illanta Wines (pronounced 'Yahn-Ta'), a new boutique wine brand based in North Lake Tahoe, officially launched for business this spring with the debut of its first vintage.
The business, located at 150 Alpine Meadows Road, was co-founded by Tahoe locals Jessica Stanley and Allison Yonto. It strives to create quality small-batch wine while also giving back to the Tahoe community.
Illanta's first wine, a 2013 Zinfandel harvested from Napa's Howell Mountain, hit the market on May 1. In June, Illanta will release its 2014 Chardonnay, sourced from the Santa Rita Hills of Santa Barbara. This fall, its 2014 Zinfandel, made from grapes from Sonoma's Dry Creek Valley, will be ready for release.
As a member of 1% for the Planet, Illanta will donate directly to Tahoe nonprofit Sierra Watershed Education Partnerships, or SWEP, which engages local schoolchildren with environmental initiatives using watershed education and community service.
"One of my personal drivers for launching a business in North Lake Tahoe was to have the daily opportunity to connect more deeply to our community," says Stanley. "In one of the very first conversations Allison and I had about the business, we talked about how strongly we believe that our company should have a positive impact on Tahoe's supportive community and beautiful environment."
"By bringing a taste of wine country to Lake Tahoe, our purpose is to craft distinct wines and connect with people in our community by creating a memorable experience where old friends and new can come together to unwind, unplug, and slow down to enjoy the simpler things in life," Yonto added.
Recommended Stories For You
Illanta's wines will eventually be available at participating retailers.
This article was provided by Illanta Wines. Visit illantawines.com to learn more.
Trending In: Business
- Market Beat: Retirement plans for small business owners
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car
- And the winners are: Best Of North Tahoe & Truckee 2016 results
- Truckee Brewing Company brings the company’s vision of high quality beer to the Truckee-Tahoe
- Raley’s grocery store approved for Truckee
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City