New Truckee business to focus on music lessons for children
January 5, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Truckee children interested in playing piano can now go to Little Bird Music, located across from Truckee High School.
Little Bird owner Alice Cotter, who owns a master's degree in music from Princeton University, will soon also have her Ph.D.
"Research shows that children who study a musical instrument are more likely to excel in the classroom, work better in teams, and have improved critical thinking skills," Cotter said.
Piano programs will be offered for students preschool-aged and older. Little Bird Music will also feature programs in music theory and composition for intermediate to advanced students interested in pursuing a deeper understanding of music and potentially going on to study music at the college level.
The studio, equipped with a six-foot Yamaha grand piano, is located in the shared office building at 11500 Donner Pass Road, Suite C, in Truckee.
"We're excited to offer a shared space that allows Truckee locals to operate a small business in a professional atmosphere," said Sheila Greeno, owner of the building.
Recommended Stories For You
This article was submitted by Little Bird Music. Visit littlebirdtahoe.com to learn more.
Trending In: Business
- Market Beat: Retirement plans for small business owners
- Truckee Brewing Company brings the company’s vision of high quality beer to the Truckee-Tahoe
- Make America skate again: Lake Tahoe has a long history of skateboarding
- And the winners are: Best Of North Tahoe & Truckee 2016 results
- Billionaire goes all-in on Cal Neva Resort & Casino