North Tahoe Shop Local Contest to kick off next week
November 20, 2013
TAHOE, Calif. — Partake in the 7th Annual Shop Local Contest from Thanksgiving through New Year's Day for a chance to win $4,000 in prizes, including a $300 Tahoe Dave's Skis and Boards gift certificate, Diamond Peak season pass, Homewood Mountain Resort season pass, Tahoe Value pass or a Gold Tahoe Super Pass.
You must have a Shop Local Contest Card to participate. For every $25 you spend at participating retailers in Tahoe City, Kings Beach, Incline Village, Squaw Valley and the Village at Northstar, you'll receive a sticker on your card.
When four stickers are collected, the card is eligible to win; multiple entries are allowed. Cards will be available at businesses throughout North Lake Tahoe by Nov. 29, according to a press release from the North Tahoe Business Association.
Turn in your contest card(s) by Jan. 10, 2014, at the locations or mailing address listed on the card, and you will be entered into the prize drawing.
Last year, the contest tracked more than $190,000 in spending locally which was double the dollars spent the previous year, officials said.
"Every year the program has increased its economic impact on the local community, and we have the goal to generate $250,000 in local holiday shopping through this year's program," said Joy Doyle, executive director NTBA, in a statement.
Recommended Stories For You
For information, including a list of participating retailers and prizes, visit ShopLocalNorthTahoe.com after Nov. 27, when the site will be populated. To become a participating retailer or donate a prize, visit http://bit.ly/1eePGdJ or call Jessica at 530-581-8727.
Trending In: Business
- News Briefs: South Lake Tahoe man accused of killing roommate with piece of firewood
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Billionaire goes all-in on Cal Neva Resort & Casino
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car
- Nugget Markets pulls out of Truckee Railyard project
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Sugar Bowl athletes put freeride skills on display in season opener