Photos: Opening day at Kirkwood Mountain Resort
November 16, 2015
KIRKWOOD, Calif. — Sunny skies and short lines greeted skiers and snowboarders at Kirkwood Mountain Resort on opening day, Saturday, Nov. 14.
With an earlier-than-expected start to the ski season, people were all smiles at the Lake Tahoe-area resort owned by Vail Resorts. Kirkwood operated chairs 1, 5 and 6 Saturday.
Check out these images from a sunny opening day.
Trending In: Business
- Market Beat: Retirement plans for small business owners
- Nugget Markets pulls out of Truckee Railyard project
- Billionaire goes all-in on Cal Neva Resort & Casino
- A look at the economic impact of the Nevada mining industry
- Truckee Brewing Company brings the company’s vision of high quality beer to the Truckee-Tahoe
- UPDATE: Lanes now open on eastbound I-80 following truck retrieval
- Truckee native and family kick off tribute tour around the country
- Truckee High School Class of 2018 goes out in style
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit