Placer Co., North Tahoe Fire launch pilot permit program
September 23, 2016
This week, Placer County announced that the North Tahoe Fire Protection District is partnering with the county's Tahoe Community Development Resource Agency on a pilot program to offer simple building permit approvals from both agencies in one place.
North Tahoe Fire staff will be available on Tuesdays, from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., at the Tahoe CDRA building at 775 North Lake Blvd. in Tahoe City to review and approve applications that do not require Tahoe Regional Planning Agency permits.
According to the county, the new service "expedites the permit process so residents and business owners can get back to their projects."
"Placer County's partnership with the (NTFPD) is a great example of government finding ways to make life a little easier for our citizens," District 5 Supervisor Jennifer Montgomery said in a statement.
Although permit approvals from Placer County and the dire district will be available in one location during the week, applicants whose projects require sewer or water district approvals will still have to seek those approvals after the over-the-counter permit is issued, according to the county.
Residents may still apply for permits all other business days; however, those applying must go to both the Tahoe Community Development Resource Agency and NTFPD Station 51 for required permit stamps.
Recommended Stories For You
Visit bit.ly/2cp5gYb for additional program and permit information.
Trending In: Business
- Market Beat: Retirement plans for small business owners
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car
- And the winners are: Best Of North Tahoe & Truckee 2016 results
- Truckee Brewing Company brings the company’s vision of high quality beer to the Truckee-Tahoe
- Raley’s grocery store approved for Truckee
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City