Reno-Tahoe airport adds nonstop flight to Orange County
November 5, 2015
RENO, Nev. — Alaska Airlines will add new nonstop service from Orange County's John Wayne Airport to Reno-Tahoe International Airport starting next March, officials announced Tuesday.
According to a news release, Alaska will offer introductory one-way fares to Reno-Tahoe starting at $79 each way, operated by Horizon Air.
"Alaska Airlines is showing its growing commitment to the Reno-Tahoe region," Marily Mora, President/CEO of Reno-Tahoe International Airport, told the Associated Press. "Now it is up to the community to support the flight and fill the seats, to ensure the success of the Orange County flight."
Beginning March 16, 2016, flights will depart Reno at 10:15 a.m., arriving in Orange County at 11:37 a.m., officials said. Flights will depart Orange County at 2:45 p.m., arriving in Reno at 4:05 p.m.
Andy Wirth, president and CEO of Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows and chairman of the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority Board of Trustees, said the new flight will be a win for his ski resort, as more visitors should be tempted to make the 60-minute drive from Reno to Olympic Valley.
"These daily nonstop flights on Alaska Airlines to Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows provide all of our customers in the Southern California area unparalleled convenience and ease of access," he said in a statement. "We are thrilled to welcome even more nonstop flights into our mountain resort as part of a long-term strategy to make our destination one of the most easily accessed mountain resorts in North America."
Recommended Stories For You
Visit alaskaair.com to find great savings and purchase tickets. Visit renoairport.com/airport-authority to learn more about the Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority.
Trending In: Business
- Old Trestle launches Truckee’s first distillery in 100 years
- News Briefs: South Lake Tahoe man accused of killing roommate with piece of firewood
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Billionaire goes all-in on Cal Neva Resort & Casino
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Law Review: Supreme Court ruling on eviction after foreclosure