Small business tax seminar on tap for Truckee
June 28, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Business owners, entrepreneurs, and individuals who would like to start a business and learn how to comply with California's often complex tax laws are invited to attend a free Small Business Tax Seminar in Truckee on Tuesday, July 19.
California State Board of Equalization Board Member George Runner is sponsoring this event with Sen. Ted Gaines, Assemblyman Brian Dahle, and the Truckee Chamber of Commerce, Small Business Development Center and the town of Truckee.
Those looking for assistance with state and federal tax laws, or who want to expand their business knowledge, will benefit from presentations given by representatives from the BOE, Employment Development Department, Franchise Tax Board, Internal Revenue Service and Small Business Administration.
This seminar is designed to help small business owners be successful. Topics include: avoiding common sales and use tax problems, employee or independent contractor, forms of ownership, recordkeeping and available loan programs.
The event takes place from 8-11:30 a.m. at Truckee Tahoe Airport, 10356 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee. You can register online at boe.ca.gov/seminars or by calling 888-847-9652.
This article was provided by California Sen. George Runner's office. Runner also is a Board Member, 1st District, on the state Board of Equalization.
Trending In: Business
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee receives Caltrans award for Mousehole project
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)