Social media savvy: 7 tips to help your business with blogging
According to HubSpot, which is a leading inbound marketing company, companies that blog attract 55 percent more website visitors, get 97 percent more inbound links and have 434 percent more indexed web pages than blogless companies.
Here are seven blogging tips to help you increase your online presence:
1. Blog platform WordPress. WordPress is an excellent blog platform that is highly customizable. Many businesses are going with WordPress as it allows for easy updating and comes in with highly customizable features and plugins for your social media, SEO, contact forms, ecommerce and more. In addition, many affordable WordPress templates are designed with mobile devices in mind. ,Having a responsive website that is easily viewable on tablets and smartphones is ,essential for providing a good customer experience .
2. Content strategy. To get results from your blog, you will need to dedicate time and resources to it. A content strategy may be very beneficial to keep you on track. A simple plan may include a topic for your blog and a due date. Think 612 ,months ahead of time and plan your posts. Some examples of what you can write about are:
• Answer frequent questions that you receive from customers.
• Insider resources about your products and industry.
• Interviews with knowledgeable people in your industry.
• Repurpose content from other places a ,video, a webinar, a presentation, conference notes, etc.
3. Speak to your audience. Understand your audience and speak to them. To find out what they need, check with your social media networks and offline feedback. What questions are they asking that you can answer.
4. Build your email list. Start building your email list from day one. Even if you are not planning on selling anything, an email database will allow you to promote your future content. A good email database is key to staying top of mind with your customers.
5. Be true to your voice and to your brand. Create your voice and be true to it. You will slowly build an audience that is truly interested in what you have to say. Make sure you are being you online. Transparency is key in the online world.
6. Write catchy headlines. By coming up with catchy headlines you stand a better chance to be seen . Of course, you can use keywords that will rank high on Google but write for your audience. By coming up with something clever you have a much better chance of your content being shared and read.
7. Be patient. It takes time to blog and it takes time to see results from your blog. You can plan on blogging once a month, once a week or once a day. It all depends on the time you are willing to dedicate to your blog. Just know, that blogging will bring you more traffic but it will take time to build your audience. Just stick with it and you will find success.
Milena Regos is principal and founder of Out & About Marketing, an Incline Village-based digital marketing and social media consulting firm. She can be reached for comment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User