Social Media Savvy: Using Pinterest for tourism
August 6, 2014
In the travel and tourism industry, a picture really is worth a thousand words. To encourage potential travelers, showcasing your travel photos through the social network and photo-sharing site Pinterest can help your destination spread like wildfire.
If you're new to Pinterest, you're probably wondering how you can use it to help your business. Pinterest allows you to easily showcase all your destination photos in clean, focused boards.
Every time you upload a photo, it shows up in the main feed, so all of your followers can see it. When uploading photos, you are given space to include a description, where you can place all the necessary details, including your website. And you can link each photo back to your website as well.
Photos can easily be reshared through pinning, and the commenting feature allows you to engage with your fans. You can also track your content being shared on Pinterest by typing in "http://pinterest.com/source/yourbusiness".
However, if you don't have your potential travelers and fellow fans of the destination following you on Pinterest, it will be hard for your travel photos (and your business) to spread.
If you head over to the Out&About Marketing website, you'll find an infographic that shows you how you can start increasing your Pinterest followers in just 5 minutes a day, from setting up to your profile to how to start pinning. Also, we're on Pinterest too, so while you're over on there, make sure to connect with us.
Recommended Stories For You
Do you use Pinterest for business? If you do, or if you have any more questions, let us know on our blog.
Ashley Dodge is a community manager and writer for Out&About Marketing, an Incline Villagebased digital marketing and social media consulting firm. She can be reached for comment at firstname.lastname@example.org. Portions of this column first appeared at the company's website, http://www.outandaboutmarketing.com.
Trending In: Business
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car
- High Altitude Fitness climbing gym coming soon to Truckee
- Choice frontage property along Meadowood Mall is filling up in Reno
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Local skiing legend Mancuso announces pregnancy
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Michelle Parker, Ben Paciotti claim Golden Saucers at Pain McShlonkey Hot Dog Downhill