Spud: More than a potato
May 23, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Memorial Day weekend heralds the return of Spud's fresh fruit and veggie stand at the far east end of downtown Truckee. "Spud" Pribble went in search of the perfect tomato more than 25 years ago, and is now a fixture weekends with his haul of seasonal produce, hand selected from more than 20 farms in the foothills and beyond.
Granddaughter KayDee Meeko and employee / family friend Laurie Denham will be there, as per usual. Drop by Saturday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. or Sunday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. The stand does not operate Memorial Day.
Trending In: Business
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car
- Market Beat: Retirement plan distributions
- High Altitude Fitness climbing gym coming soon to Truckee
- Death on the slopes: Across West, number of ski fatalities, injuries uncertain with lack of public data or oversight