Spud: More than a potato
May 23, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Memorial Day weekend heralds the return of Spud's fresh fruit and veggie stand at the far east end of downtown Truckee. "Spud" Pribble went in search of the perfect tomato more than 25 years ago, and is now a fixture weekends with his haul of seasonal produce, hand selected from more than 20 farms in the foothills and beyond.
Granddaughter KayDee Meeko and employee / family friend Laurie Denham will be there, as per usual. Drop by Saturday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. or Sunday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. The stand does not operate Memorial Day.
Trending In: Business
- Market Beat: Year-end tax planning
- High Altitude Fitness climbing gym coming soon to Truckee
- Tahoe/Truckee’s remote work environment draws freelancers, telecommuters
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car
- Trio of Tahoe-Truckee ski companies stomping their claim in the Sierra
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Dialysis doesn’t stop Truckee’s Josalyn Brown
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP