Squaw Valley’s PlumpJack appoints new Executive Chef
June 29, 2015
Hilary Newsom and Jeremy Scherer, partners in The PlumpJack Group, recently announced the appointment of Jack Connell to Executive Chef at PlumpJack Cafe & Bar located at PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn.
Connell takes the place of the restaurant's longtime Executive Chef Ben "Wyatt" Dufresne, who relocated out of the Tahoe area.
Connell is a familiar face at PlumpJack Squaw Valley Inn, as he most recently served as the restaurant's Chef de Cuisine.
"We are incredibly excited to promote Jack to the role of Executive Chef," said Hilary Newsom. "We're confident that Jack's exemplary knowledge and passion for quality local ingredients will take the menu to even greater heights of excellence."
Connell formerly worked as Chef de Cuisine at Bistro 22 in the Village at Squaw, then for the Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe, before making his way back to PlumpJack as Sous Chef under Dufresne.
Now as the Executive Chef, Connell will focus on a seasonal, New American culinary approach utilizing modern techniques.
Recommended Stories For You
Visit plumpjack.com to learn more.
Trending In: Business
- Market Beat: Stock market election cycles
- Mountain Minds Monday: The future of shopping: virtual, mixed, and augmented reality
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car
- High Altitude Fitness climbing gym coming soon to Truckee
- North Tahoe First Tuesday talk features tourism partners officially kicking off winter
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Wolverines scuttle Pirates to reach first state title game since 2012
- Lastest election results (Nevada/Placer counties, state)