Tahoe Mountain Sports moves to Truckee; grand opening Wednesday
October 21, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — After operating out of Kings Beach for the past eight years, Tahoe Mountain Sports has moved to the Safeway Shopping Center.
The company began a decade ago as an e-commerce operation before transforming into a retail store, according to a press release. The family owned business is headed by Truckee residents Dave Polivy and Pam Jahnke.
Tahoe Mountain Sports' four distinct principles — old-fashioned customer service, forward thinking e-commerce, environmental responsibility and community focus — will continue to be its guiding light at its new location at 1200 Donner Pass Road, according to the release.
The store held a soft opening Friday; Tahoe Mountain Sports invites residents to attend a grand opening from 4-7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 22, with one of the best-known names in the alpine climbing community, Conrad Anker, in celebration of the new location.
Anker will sign posters, answer questions and lead an informal discussion about his inspirational adventures around the world, according to the business. TMS will also offer gear and clothing specials in the store during the event.
Visit tahoemountainsports.com to learn more about Tahoe Mountain Sports; visit conradanker.com to learn more about Anker.
Trending In: Business
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- William Mardison: Police officers’ association announces Truckee council endorsements
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: North Tahoe Public Utility District (VIDEO)