Tahoe Mountain Sports moves to Truckee; grand opening Wednesday
October 21, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — After operating out of Kings Beach for the past eight years, Tahoe Mountain Sports has moved to the Safeway Shopping Center.
The company began a decade ago as an e-commerce operation before transforming into a retail store, according to a press release. The family owned business is headed by Truckee residents Dave Polivy and Pam Jahnke.
Tahoe Mountain Sports' four distinct principles — old-fashioned customer service, forward thinking e-commerce, environmental responsibility and community focus — will continue to be its guiding light at its new location at 1200 Donner Pass Road, according to the release.
The store held a soft opening Friday; Tahoe Mountain Sports invites residents to attend a grand opening from 4-7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 22, with one of the best-known names in the alpine climbing community, Conrad Anker, in celebration of the new location.
Anker will sign posters, answer questions and lead an informal discussion about his inspirational adventures around the world, according to the business. TMS will also offer gear and clothing specials in the store during the event.
Visit tahoemountainsports.com to learn more about Tahoe Mountain Sports; visit conradanker.com to learn more about Anker.
Trending In: Business
- Market Beat: Retirement plans for small business owners
- Nugget Markets pulls out of Truckee Railyard project
- Billionaire goes all-in on Cal Neva Resort & Casino
- A look at the economic impact of the Nevada mining industry
- Truckee Brewing Company brings the company’s vision of high quality beer to the Truckee-Tahoe
- UPDATE: Lanes now open on eastbound I-80 following truck retrieval
- Truckee native and family kick off tribute tour around the country
- Truckee High School Class of 2018 goes out in style
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit