Tahoe Prosperity Center earns pair of grants
February 5, 2015
The nonprofit Tahoe Prosperity Center has two new funding partners.
The South Tahoe Alliance of Resorts has committed $10,000 a year for three years, and the Tahoe Mountain Resorts Foundation approved a grant of $15,000 to the TPC's Measuring for Prosperity Indicators project.
"The Tahoe Prosperity Center is a catalyst for economic vitality in the basin," Executive Director Heidi Hill Drum said in a statement. "Support from both the North and South shores at this level shows the tremendous foresight that these two organizations have about our regional economy. Tahoe might be split along numerous governmental boundary lines, but we are one lake and mountain community."
The center's current projects include expanding high-speed Internet and cellphone coverage around the lake (Connected Tahoe); community revitalization efforts; and a socio-economic indicators project to measure progress on these fronts, according to a press release. Visit tahoeprosperity.org to learn more.
Trending In: Business
- Truckee Brewing Company brings the company’s vision of high quality beer to the Truckee-Tahoe
- Make America skate again: Lake Tahoe has a long history of skateboarding
- Fourth Street’s future continues to unfold in west Reno
- Market Beat: Looking ahead to third quarter earnings
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car