Tahoe Prosperity Center earns pair of grants
February 4, 2015
The Tahoe Prosperity Center, a nonprofit organization supported by the Parasol Tahoe Community Foundation, has two new funding partners.
The South Tahoe Alliance of Resorts has committed $10,000 a year for three years, and the Tahoe Mountain Resorts Foundation approved a grant of $15,000 to the TPC's Measuring for Prosperity Indicators project.
"The Tahoe Prosperity Center is a catalyst for economic vitality in the basin," Executive Director Heidi Hill Drum said in a statement. "Support from both the North and South shores at this level shows the tremendous foresight that these two organizations have about our regional economy. Tahoe might be split along numerous governmental boundary lines, but we are one lake and mountain community."
The center's current projects include expanding high-speed Internet and cellphone coverage around the lake (Connected Tahoe); community revitalization efforts; and a socio-economic indicators project to measure progress on these fronts, according to a press release.
"We are very appreciative of the generous support from the Tahoe Mountain Resorts Foundation and the South Tahoe Alliance of Resorts," Tahoe Prosperity Center Board Chair Sandy Evans-Hall said in a statement.
Visit tahoeprosperity.org to learn more.
Trending In: Business
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million