Tahoe-Truckee housing study focal point of May 10 meeting
May 3, 2016
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Next Tuesday's Good Morning Truckee meeting will focus on the upcoming primary election, as well as the Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation's Regional Housing Study.
Stacy Caldwell, CEO of the community foundation, and Alison Schwedner, of the Community Collaborative of Tahoe Truckee, will lead a multi-speaker program at the May 10 meeting that will include an introduction about the study; short vignettes/story telling from employers and employees; initial survey results; and possible solutions from other places, according to a news release from the Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce.
"The Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation, as a neutral convener, is leading this unprecedented collaboration between key stakeholders dedicated to creating a baseline assessment of our regional housing needs and identifying innovative solutions," according to the Chamber. "The project is funded by Town of Truckee, Workforce Housing Association of Truckee Tahoe, Nevada County and Placer County."
On a second topic, the League of Women Voters of Western Nevada County will be on hand to discuss the importance of voting, and important dates for registering both for the June 7 primary and the Nov. 8 general elections
Judy Price, town clerk for the town of Truckee, is also scheduled to provide a brief overview of elected public office positions in the Truckee/Tahoe area to consider running for this summer.
"She will provide information such as the qualifications, term length, benefits, compensation, meeting dates, times and average length," according to the Chamber.
Recommended Stories For You
Good Morning Truckee meetings are open to the public. They are held the second Tuesday of every month at Truckee Tahoe Airport from 7 to 8:30 a.m.
Price at the door for general public is $12; Truckee Donner Chamber members pay $10, and it includes continental breakfast and raffle.
For more information, contact the Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce at 530-587-8808 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit TruckeeChamber.com to learn more.
Trending In: Business
- News Briefs: South Lake Tahoe man accused of killing roommate with piece of firewood
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Billionaire goes all-in on Cal Neva Resort & Casino
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car
- High Altitude Fitness climbing gym coming soon to Truckee
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport