Tahoe-Truckee shop local contest generates more than $400,000
February 11, 2015
TAHOE-TRUCKEE, Calif. — Holiday shoppers in North Lake Tahoe and Truckee who participated in the Shop Local Holiday Contest reportedly generated $407,476 in revenue for local businesses.
This revenue increased by more than 100 percent from the 2012 campaign that generated $192,225, according to a press release from public relations firm The Abbi Agency.
In all, 256 businesses and 1,420 people participated in the "Show Your Love — Shop Local" contest at participating retailers in Tahoe City, West Shore, Kings Beach, Northstar, Squaw Valley, Incline Village and, for the first time, Truckee.
Shoppers received a stamp on a shop local card for each purchase of at least $25. Retailers reported an average of $24,000 in sales from the program, according to Abbi.
The contest, which ran from Nov. 28 to Dec. 24, 2014, "was designed to support local businesses, reduce the carbon footprint of locals traveling outside of their community to shop, and protect the region's local character," according to the release.
Visit ShopNorthTahoeTruckee.com or GoTahoeNorth.com to learn more.
Trending In: Business
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Wolverines scuttle Pirates to reach first state title game since 2012
- Lastest election results (Nevada/Placer counties, state)