Tiny Homes coming to Truckee
May 22, 2017
The Truckee Home & Building Show is featuring "Tiny Homes" this year.
Whether you are talking affordable housing, guest cottages or a studio/workshop, the homes are a popular topic in the nation and in the Truckee Tahoe area.
Tour Tiny Homes on-site at the Home Show. From beautiful finishes and functional interiors, to do-it-yourself kits, there are many options to check out.
Join in the Tiny Home talks to learn all about Tiny Home living in the Sierras. Speakers will cover the building codes and laws, manufacturing, land use, construction, design, how to handle utilities, and more.
Attendees of the show can also try to build a home in the Tiny Home workshop. The process is so easy to understand and complete that children can also participate. The system is kind of like building with Lincoln Logs.
Plus, as always, attendees will find everything needed to build, remodel, landscape, and decorate mountain homes at the Truckee Home Show.
Recommended Stories For You
Doors open for the 25th annual event on Memorial Day Weekend, Saturday, May 27, and Sunday, May 28, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Truckee High School. The high school is located at 11725 Donner Pass Road.
Admission is $6 and benefits the local schools. Parking is free. Space is still available for exhibitors. For more information call 530-587-3477 or go online to
Trending In: Business
- Market Beat: Retirement plans for small business owners
- Lake Tahoe transportation: Six ways to travel here without your car
- And the winners are: Best Of North Tahoe & Truckee 2016 results
- Raley’s grocery store approved for Truckee
- Truckee Brewing Company brings the company’s vision of high quality beer to the Truckee-Tahoe
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City