Coachland man’s ID has yet to be released
October 16, 2006
The name of the 50-year-old Truckee man found dead in his Coachland mobile home on Oct. 3 will not be released until next Monday when next of kin is notified, according to the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office.
Carbon monoxide poisoning may have led to the man’s death, said Deputy Ron Smith.
An autopsy report is pending and will determine the cause of death, said sheriff’s Sgt. Frank Koehler on Wednesday.
Investigators discovered a propane gas space heater in the living room of the home with no windows open to allow for proper ventilation. There were high levels of carbon monoxide in the residence, Koehler said last week.
Truckee police responded to a call from the man’s employer on Tuesday afternoon when one of his co-worker’s went to the man’s Coachland home after he failed to show up for work last Monday and Tuesday. The co-worker discovered the man in his living room unresponsive.
Truckee Fire Protection District personnel were called to the scene due to the smell of propane gas coming from inside the house, according to police reports. The fire department found the man dead, according to the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office.