$1,000 reward offered for recovery of stolen Lake Tahoe moose head
March 23, 2015
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Sunnyside Resort's iconic moose head is on the loose, and authorities are offering up to $1,000 to find out who stole it.
The Placer County Sheriff's Office is seeking the public's help in locating the historic stuffed head, which was stolen between midnight and 7 a.m. on Jan. 22, officials said.
According to PCSO, one or more suspects entered the lobby at Sunnyside Resort and removed the mounted head, "which is an icon for the historic resort and is greatly missed."
Anyone with information on the burglary or whereabouts of the moose head should contact PCSO Det. John Lasagna in Tahoe City at 530-581-6323.
Anyone who wishes to remain anonymous and earn up to a $1,000 cash reward should contact Placer County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-923-8191, or at http://www.placercrimestoppers.com.
Trending In: Crime
- Officials: Suspect in Tahoe City homicide committed suicide
- Truckee Police seize 11 firearms following Glenshire incident
- Probation arrest in ski pass case
- Nevada County correctional officer named in suit also faces criminal charges
- Truckee man walking in road has outstanding warrant, gets arrested, police say
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move
- Truckee police arrest woman on assault, child cruelty charges