Body found of Carson City man, 62, last seen at North Lake Tahoe
March 11, 2015
CARSON CITY, Nev. — The body of a missing Carson City man was found east of Lake Tahoe off Kings Canyon Road near Spooner Summit at 4:40 p.m. Sunday.
The body of Bruce Hutter, 62, reported as a missing person since Feb. 25 by the Carson City Sheriff's Office, was found by hikers, who found a vehicle with a deceased male inside the Douglas County Sheriff's Office said.
Douglas County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Pat Brooks said no obvious signs of death were discovered and the cause of death is pending results of an autopsy.
The Carson City Sheriff's Office said Hutter was last seen by friends the weekend of Feb. 14-15. Cellphone records indicate at 10:45 p.m. on Feb. 17 he called AAA asking for a jump on his white 2005 Dodge Neon in Incline Village.
Alpine Towing made contact with Hutter who reported he was "taking a trip."
The investigation into the death continues.
Trending In: Crime
- Man, woman arrested after armed robbery of Lake Tahoe 7-Eleven
- Man accused of threatening Truckee judge found incompetent, now in state hospital
- Bay Area rapper J Diggs, clocked at 75 mph, arrested for felony gun possession
- Campground robberies reported outside Truckee
- Incident reports from Placer County
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee receives Caltrans award for Mousehole project
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)