Body found of Carson City man, 62, last seen at North Lake Tahoe
March 11, 2015
CARSON CITY, Nev. — The body of a missing Carson City man was found east of Lake Tahoe off Kings Canyon Road near Spooner Summit at 4:40 p.m. Sunday.
The body of Bruce Hutter, 62, reported as a missing person since Feb. 25 by the Carson City Sheriff's Office, was found by hikers, who found a vehicle with a deceased male inside the Douglas County Sheriff's Office said.
Douglas County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Pat Brooks said no obvious signs of death were discovered and the cause of death is pending results of an autopsy.
The Carson City Sheriff's Office said Hutter was last seen by friends the weekend of Feb. 14-15. Cellphone records indicate at 10:45 p.m. on Feb. 17 he called AAA asking for a jump on his white 2005 Dodge Neon in Incline Village.
Alpine Towing made contact with Hutter who reported he was "taking a trip."
The investigation into the death continues.
Trending In: Crime
- Officials: Suspect in Tahoe City homicide committed suicide
- Truckee Police seize 11 firearms following Glenshire incident
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Truckee man arrested for domestic violence, weapons warrants
- Judge: Entitled, obsessed Aaron Katz must pay $225K in IVGID attorney fees
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Northstar California General Manager Nadia Guerriero on the move