Body found of Carson City man, 62, last seen at North Lake Tahoe
March 11, 2015
CARSON CITY, Nev. — The body of a missing Carson City man was found east of Lake Tahoe off Kings Canyon Road near Spooner Summit at 4:40 p.m. Sunday.
The body of Bruce Hutter, 62, reported as a missing person since Feb. 25 by the Carson City Sheriff's Office, was found by hikers, who found a vehicle with a deceased male inside the Douglas County Sheriff's Office said.
Douglas County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Pat Brooks said no obvious signs of death were discovered and the cause of death is pending results of an autopsy.
The Carson City Sheriff's Office said Hutter was last seen by friends the weekend of Feb. 14-15. Cellphone records indicate at 10:45 p.m. on Feb. 17 he called AAA asking for a jump on his white 2005 Dodge Neon in Incline Village.
Alpine Towing made contact with Hutter who reported he was "taking a trip."
The investigation into the death continues.
Trending In: Crime
- 2 Tahoe bartenders arrested for allegedly selling cocaine to patrons
- Truckee man arrested for domestic violence, weapons warrants
- Incident reports from Placer County
- Parents say Amtrak investigation around son’s injuries is a “smear campaign”
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Churchill County defeats Truckee for 3A state championship (GALLERY)
- Council approval moves Grocery Outlet project forward in Truckee
- Truckee Town Council moves forward with McIver Dairy restoration
- Truckee’s Wolverines to face Greenwave for state championship
- Work to be done: Nevada County economic model is unsustainable