Brothers accused of selling stolen items; buyers sought
March 25, 2015
WASHOE COUNTY, Nev. — Detectives are asking for residents who may have unknowingly purchased stolen property from a burglary suspect to come forward.
According to the Washoe County Sheriff's Office, Jeremy Daniel Tester, 34, was arrested on March 18 at his residence in Sparks, along with his 19-year-old brother, Matthew Dylan Tester.
According to WCSO, thousands of dollars' worth of stolen property was recovered at the residence.
Jeremy Tester faces 15 charges related to several different burglaries throughout the county; his brother faces six burglary-related charges.
The arrest followed a five-month investigation that reportedly began with a residential burglary in the Galena area last October.
Detectives believe Jeremy Tester was in possession of additional stolen property, including firearms, from several other burglaries that he attempted to sell online.
Recommended Stories For You
Anyone who believes they may have had contact with Tester should contact detectives at 775-328-3320 or Secret Witness at 775-322-4900.
The Testers remain in Washoe County Jail and face an April 1 court date.
Trending In: Crime
- Bay Area rapper J Diggs, clocked at 75 mph, arrested for felony gun possession
- Truckee man arrested for domestic violence, weapons warrants
- Truckee man walking in road has outstanding warrant, gets arrested, police say
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Report shows Lake Tahoe is a hot spot for sex trafficking