Driver arrested in a Lake Tahoe hit-and-run accident
July 6, 2015
HOMEWOOD, Calif. — A California man suspected in a hit-and-run accident of a construction zone worker earlier this week on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe has been arrested.
Erich J. Griesemer, 60, of Mill Valley was taken into custody by the California Highway Patrol on Tuesday after the vehicle he was driving struck a worker regulating traffic on Highway 89 a day earlier.
Sparks resident Ismael Mayorga-Torres, 51, was walking along the west road edge in Homewood on Monday afternoon when a red 1995 Toyota Tacoma driven by Griesemer struck him for reasons still under investigation.
Griesemer was traveling southbound at about 15 to 25 mph when he hit Mayorga-Torres, causing the Vail Cooper & Associates employee serious injury, before fleeing the scene.
Mayorga-Torres was taken by Life Flight to Renown Medical Center in Reno for treatment.
Following a lengthy investigation, CHP filed charges against Griesemer in an injury related hit-and-run traffic collision.
Trending In: Crime
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million