Fatal Lake Tahoe shooting: Fourth suspect faces murder charge
May 2, 2016
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. — A fourth man has been arrested on a murder charge in the Jan. 30 fatal shooting in South Lake Tahoe.
Georgetown, Calif., resident Tevarez Lopez, 33, was charged with murder Wednesday afternoon, April 27, for his role in the death of Dennis Wright Jr., according to a press release from the city of South Lake Tahoe.
Lopez was already in custody at El Dorado County Jail in Placerville on unrelated criminal charges, according the release.
Wright, 40, was shot and killed outside of the Beverly Lodge in South Lake Tahoe during "a drug deal-turned robbery/murder," according to police.
Prosecutors have also charged Tristan Batten, 18, Harvest Davidson, 20, and Domenic Randolph, 22, with murder in the case.
Batten and Davidson are in custody at El Dorado County Jail and have pleaded not guilty in the case. Randolph, who was arrested in Harris County, Texas, April 19 is undergoing the extradition process to California.
Recommended Stories For You
Prosecutors have also issued an arrest warrant for Dion Jermaine Randolph Vaccaro, 26, a former resident of Vallejo, Calif., in the case.
Police have not detailed the roles each of the suspects allegedly took in the shooting, saying it could jeopardize the ongoing investigation.
Police encourage anyone with information related to the case to call the South Lake Tahoe Police Department at 530-542-6100 or Lake Tahoe Secret Witness at 530-541-6800.
Trending In: Crime
- Bay Area rapper J Diggs, clocked at 75 mph, arrested for felony gun possession
- Truckee man arrested for domestic violence, weapons warrants
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Truckee man walking in road has outstanding warrant, gets arrested, police say
- Parents say Amtrak investigation around son’s injuries is a “smear campaign”