Gunman on loose after robbing Tahoe pharmacy; $1,500 reward offered
March 26, 2015
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Authorities are offering a $1,500 reward for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of a man who robbed the Village Pharmacy at gunpoint Tuesday.
The man entered the pharmacy at 898 Tanager St. at about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday and showed the clerk a handgun, said Washoe County Sheriff's Office Lt. Jeff Clark.
Three employees were inside at the time of the robbery; no one was hurt, Clark said.
According to the sheriff's office, the suspect demanded an unspecified amount of pharmaceutical products before fleeing, after which an employee at the privately owned pharmacy contacted WCSO.
Clark declined to comment when asked if or how much money and/or drugs were stolen, as the incident remains under investigation.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 6 feet tall with a stocky build.
Recommended Stories For You
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the WCSO Detective Division at 775-328-3320.
Anyone who wishes to remain anonymous and earn up to a $1,500 cash reward may contact Secret Witness at 775-322-4900.
In related news, rumors circulated Tuesday afternoon and evening that other robberies had occurred at businesses in Incline Village.
None of those rumors are true, Clark said Wednesday.
Trending In: Crime
- Truckee man arrested for domestic violence, weapons warrants
- Bay Area rapper J Diggs, clocked at 75 mph, arrested for felony gun possession
- Incident reports from Placer County
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Truckee man walking in road has outstanding warrant, gets arrested, police say
- Council approval moves Grocery Outlet project forward in Truckee
- Lake Tahoe-area resorts announce Friday as 2018-19 season opener
- Truckee’s Wolverines to face Greenwave for state championship
- Churchill County defeats Truckee for 3A state championship (GALLERY)
- Local business spearheading effort to help Camp Fire evacuees, first responders