Gunman on loose after robbing Tahoe pharmacy; $1,500 reward offered
March 26, 2015
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Authorities are offering a $1,500 reward for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of a man who robbed the Village Pharmacy at gunpoint Tuesday.
The man entered the pharmacy at 898 Tanager St. at about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday and showed the clerk a handgun, said Washoe County Sheriff's Office Lt. Jeff Clark.
Three employees were inside at the time of the robbery; no one was hurt, Clark said.
According to the sheriff's office, the suspect demanded an unspecified amount of pharmaceutical products before fleeing, after which an employee at the privately owned pharmacy contacted WCSO.
Clark declined to comment when asked if or how much money and/or drugs were stolen, as the incident remains under investigation.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 6 feet tall with a stocky build.
Recommended Stories For You
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the WCSO Detective Division at 775-328-3320.
Anyone who wishes to remain anonymous and earn up to a $1,500 cash reward may contact Secret Witness at 775-322-4900.
In related news, rumors circulated Tuesday afternoon and evening that other robberies had occurred at businesses in Incline Village.
None of those rumors are true, Clark said Wednesday.
Trending In: Crime
- 5 must-know boating and water safety tips for Lake Tahoe
- Parents say Amtrak investigation around son’s injuries is a “smear campaign”
- Incident reports from Placer County
- Report shows Lake Tahoe is a hot spot for sex trafficking
- Truckee man walking in road has outstanding warrant, gets arrested, police say
- Nevada County prosecutor: Victim’s blood found on Joseph Ward’s boots
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke
- Grocery stores back on table for Truckee Town Council
- Truckee Town Council looks to restore McIver Dairy property