Gunman robs North Lake Tahoe Rite Aid again, steals methadone
July 21, 2015
KINGS BEACH, Calif. — Sheriff's deputies are investigating yet another armed robbery that occurred last week at a North Lake Tahoe pharmacy.
A man walked into Rite Aid pharmacy at 8245 North Lake Blvd. in Kings Beach the afternoon of Thursday, July 16, armed with a handgun, said Placer County Sheriff's Office Lt. Fred Guitron.
The suspect reportedly stole methadone and attempted to steal Norco painkillers, but was unable to due to a lack of supply, said PCSO detective Sgt. Dave Hunt.
There were no reported injuries during the incident, Hunt said.
Hunt said he believes last Thursday's crime is consistent with other recent armed robberies in the region, and the person responsible is likely the same suspect.
"We believe they are connected," Hunt said Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
The suspect is linked to armed robberies on March 24 at the Village Pharmacy in Incline Village and a Reno pharmacy; on May 1 at a pharmacy inside the Sierra Market in Colfax; and on May 16 at the same Kings Beach Rite Aid.
In each crime, the suspect was described similarly and reportedly stole Norco and methadone at gunpoint with a handgun, Hunt said.
The suspect is described as a 6-feet-tall male with a tan complexion, dark hair and clean-shaven. During last Thursday's robbery, the suspect was reported wearing shorts and a fishing hat commonly referred to as a Boonie (or Booney) hat.
In the previous Kings Beach and Incline Village robberies, the suspect wore a surgical mask, authorities said.
Anyone with information about the Kings Beach robbery is asked to contact PCSO Det. Sage Bourassa at 530-581-6322.
Anyone wishing to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000 should call Placer County Crime Stoppers at 800-923-8191 or visit placercrimestoppers.com.
For the Incline Village robbery, contact the Washoe County Sheriff's Office Detective Division at 775-328-3320. To remain anonymous and earn up to a $1,500 cash reward there, contact Secret Witness at 775-322-4900.
Trending In: Crime
- Incident reports from Placer County
- Four Tahoe businesses busted for selling booze to minors
- Bay Area rapper J Diggs, clocked at 75 mph, arrested for felony gun possession
- Nevada County correctional officer named in suit also faces criminal charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Town of Truckee looking to relocate downtown transit center
- Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe now serves as a lakewide pet care, resource network
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter