Incline Village crime logs: Phone scams from ‘Steve Martin’ (not the actor)
March 19, 2015
Below are select incidents from the Washoe County Sheriff's Office press log for Incline Village/Crystal Bay for March 10-16.
At 10:42 a.m., in the 900 block of Jennifer St., a victim made an online report of Vehicle Burglary overnight from an unlocked car; loss was a $150 pair of sunglasses.
At 11:56 a.m., Mt. Rose Ski-Tahoe made an online report of Petty Larceny from the rental shop of unreturned Snowboard/bindings/boots. Suspect is known.
At 3:58 p.m., in the 900 block of Tahoe Blvd., Deputies took a report of possible bank fraud.
Recommended Stories For You
At 8:02 p.m., at Tahoe Blvd. and Winding Way, a male was arrested for DUI.
At 3:09 p.m., in the 800 block of Southwood Blvd., Deputies responded to a Temporary Protection Order Violation. Information was given to the reporting person.
At 12:20 a.m., at a business near the state line, a male was cited for Trespassing and Possession of Marijuana.
At 12:20 a.m., at a business near the state line, a woman was cited for Trespassing and escorted from the premises. At 2:29 a.m., she returned after being 86'd for the third time and was arrested.
At 3:44 a.m., at a business near the state line, a male was arrested for Trespassing and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
At 12:29 a.m., on State Route 28 at Memorial Point, a man was arrested for an Failure to Comply Warrant.
At 4:13 p.m., a desk report was made domestic dispute over belongings. Matter appears to be civil in nature.
Throughout the week, multiple Incline Village/Crystal Bay residents reported a barrage of robo-phone calls from someone named "Steve Martin" claiming to have Federal Charges pending against the recipient with a request to return the call. This is a nationwide scam.
Trending In: Crime
- Truckee Police seize 11 firearms following Glenshire incident
- Tahoe City man sentenced to 6 years probation for March DUI fatality
- Nevada County correctional officer named in suit also faces criminal charges
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Judge: Entitled, obsessed Aaron Katz must pay $225K in IVGID attorney fees
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra
- THE SUN NOW: Live coverage from the newsroom (Live Scanner)
- Another storm headed for Lake Tahoe this week